Author Topic: OFFICIAL PROPELLERPOWERED EXPO: THANK YOU FROM THE STAFF!  (Read 16551 times)

blittled

• Out chasing squirrels
  • I don't know the meaning of the word impossible!
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL PROPELLERPOWERED EXPO: August 17th : Tickets on sale now!
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »
Granz,

My wife is ok. The biopsy came back benign so there is no cancer!  Right now a very close friend of ours passed away from cancer last week so we are dealing with that. On the brighter side the next 2 weekends are family reunions.

Sorry guys I know this is off topic but I wanted to reply to Granz concerns.

Granz

• View Profile
    • Granzeier Consulting
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2013, 09:35:14 AM »
Blittled,

Yeah, I remember that you had mentioned her test, but you were awaiting further results - Great news!

Back On Topic:

We are still in need of (at least) two judges for the contests.  With me doing the setup and providing some prizes, and with OBC providing some prizes, it would be better if we did not do the judging. (Besides, I will need to stay by my booth to handle the tens of thousands of customers coming by to buy my stuff :o )

KD8COO

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »
Afraid I won't be able to make it this year.  Family events not under my control will be keeping me away...  For some reason a relative had to choose that weekend to get married!

Granz

• View Profile
    • Granzeier Consulting
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »
Afraid I won't be able to make it this year.  Family events not under my control will be keeping me away...  For some reason a relative had to choose that weekend to get married!

I don't see the problem... We can clear an aisle down the center of the presentation seating area.  The priest/pastor/judge/whatever can stand up at the presentation table.  We can even web-cast the ceremony.  I'm thinking that we could even scare up some Propeller stuff for wedding gifts for the new couple (what do you say, OBC?)

Let us know how many are coming.

JimFouch

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
I'M IN!!!!    :)

I decided to move a few other things to the back burner and I plan on making the EXPO.

Hoping to demo a new service/product that I have been tossing around for a few weeks. It's still in BETA, but I hope to have enough to show at the expo.

Roger Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
Good to hear you will be there Jim. 

DogP

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 05:04:30 AM »
I'm definitely getting excited about the expo!  My friend and I will be making the trip from DC again this year (I'll get the tickets ordered shortly).  Hopefully I'll have some free time in the next couple weeks to go through my hoard and bring a load for the freebie table.

Anyone gonna be doing a demo of the Prop 2 (FPGA)?  Or better yet, are we all going to be surprised with free Prop 2 chips at the door? ;)

Pat

blittled

• Out chasing squirrels
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 02:17:42 PM »
Jeff,
 Will there be anyone from Parallax (like Chip) at the expo to talk about the progress with the Prop II?

Jim,
If you aren't riding your bike to the expo send me an email and we can car pool together.

JimFouch

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
I got my room reserved at he Roadway.

What time is the Meet & Greet? I plan on driving up to be there by 6pm.

old sadmac

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »
hay guys i have been working on a Eddie and i am in the final stage and i am having some trouble with the programing of it . if i bring it to the expo could someone work with me to figure out what my problem is other than it is ran by Microsoft the virus company (LOL). thanks and hope to see you all there .
                                      thanks bryan :o 8)

blittled

• Out chasing squirrels
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »
@Jeff, I'm getting my "shopping list" together for the expo and I wonder if you are bringing most of your inventory since I have some components on the list.

@Granz do you still need a judge? I won't be bringing a robot so I won't be biased that way. I never judged a contest before and I have one weakness, I hate to say no to people so it'll make the judging harder for me. Hopefully I won't be the only one judging if you need me.

mindrobots

• I've never met a squirrel I didn't chase!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »
Hey everybody!

I'm coming.

Bringing little  :( - I haven't really touched a Propeller since February/March or so   :'( :'(
(I am bringing my SumoBot arena and maybe something to play with.

I can be a judge. I'll have no 'bots around to compete.

I'll try and bring some cash but that's as hard to come by as free time, lately!  :)

Rick

BobS

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 08:22:13 AM »
I'll be there with my monster hexapod! It won't be fully operational but the majority of the mechanical workings are done. I hope to get at least one leg wired up in time to have it running some demo moves.
See you all there! Are we getting together for dinner on Friday night? If so, when and where do we meet?
Bob Sweeney

Granz

• View Profile
    • Granzeier Consulting
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 03:22:43 PM »
@Granz do you still need a judge? I won't be bringing a robot so I won't be biased that way. I never judged a contest before and I have one weakness, I hate to say no to people so it'll make the judging harder for me. Hopefully I won't be the only one judging if you need me.

B.

That would be great, and don't worry about your "weakness," The judging is pretty well based on the actual performance, and there is no real option for awarding points.  This should be pretty straight forward.

I can be a judge. I'll have no 'bots around to compete.
Rick

Rick,

That will be great - thank you very much.

We now have our primary judges, but we could still use a secondary judge for each contest - that way the judges will be able to rest (and consult with each other, if necessary) and see the other things at the Expo.

Granz

• View Profile
    • Granzeier Consulting
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »
I'll be there with my monster hexapod! It won't be fully operational but the majority of the mechanical workings are done. I hope to get at least one leg wired up in time to have it running some demo moves.
See you all there! Are we getting together for dinner on Friday night? If so, when and where do we meet?
Bob Sweeney

Bob,

I followed along with Jim (and some others, I think) and got a room reserved at the Roadway Inn.  I propose that we meet there about 7:00 PM or so and convoy/carpool to a nearby "fine dining establishment" (Taco Bell has full meals for just over $2.00 ;) - finances are a bit tight this year.)

Hey Jeff - you are probably the resident expert on this part of the galaxy/star system/planet/country/state/county - what is your suggestion for a meetup?