Author Topic: TRS-80 Model 100  (Read 693 times)

ishotjr

• View Profile
    • ishotjr.com
TRS-80 Model 100
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
Hello fellow retroputerists!  It's been a while since I've been on the forums - mostly due to having spent the overwhelming majority of my limited free time on Pebble watchface development - but this weekend I got a chance to play with a "new" toy: a TRS-80 Model 100 (32K) that someone gave me!  As with my "new" Amiga, I've been blown away by the capabilities of this "simple" machine.  What made me have to stop by here though was how similar the BASIC "application" is to what I'm used to from the PMC/MMC - right down to function keys etc.!  Given that I started on BBCs, I am less familiar with the machines that I'm guessing were the primary influence on our own beloved COLOR BASIC.  But it's all starting to make sense now... ;D  Other Model 100 owners, or those that were there the first time around, please feel free to LMK tips and tricks; what I'd love to accomplish with this machine for starters is to use its built-in serial comms to turn it into a terminal for all my other retro stuff... Haven't spent that much time with it yet, but based on how flexible it seems to be in the areas I've explored so far, I would imagine that this is completely within the realms of possibility...?  8)

Tor

• View Profile
Re: TRS-80 Model 100
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 03:39:53 PM »
The model 100 is an interesting machine and I've been keeping an eye open should one show up.

ishotjr

• View Profile
    • ishotjr.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
It sure is!  I've frankly been blown away at some of the innovations in these classic pieces of kit!  :D

JohnathanV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 11:29:35 PM »
It sure is!  I've frankly been blown away at some of the innovations in these https://www.tenderbuttons.com/trenorol-review-results new Trenorol classic pieces of kit!  :D

Do you have any pics of this model?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:38:52 AM by JohnathanV »

Tor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:47:01 AM »
Johnathan,

Enter "trs-80 model 100" into Google, and click on "Images for trs-80 model 100". Lots of pictures. A very nice machine, and definitely portable.